Chances are, if you’re an adult who’s unhappy with your teeth, you’ve probably considered Invisalign as an alternative to traditional braces. At Exquisite Smile we use a product just like Invisalign called Clearcorrect. If you couldn’t get metal braces as a kid or something happened to your teeth later on in life then choosing Invisalign might be a great option.
This may be because the retainers are practically invisible unless you point them out or someone is standing too close to you, staring at your teeth. There’s also no metal involved with Invisalign until the end, and even then it’s a small wire that’s placed on the backside of your teeth.
Not everyone is eligible for Invisalign but if you are, here are some things you can expect during your initial appointments:
- Many insurances don’t cover Invisalign completely. Not to worry though, a lot of them cover a percentage or portion of it and some offices have payment plans to help you out.
- Your first or second appointment will take anywhere from 30 min to an hour depending on how busy the office is. In order to start treatment a Orthodontist will need to get extremely accurate digital scans, a mold of your teeth, and pictures so they can chart your progress.
If you’ve had your first few appointments then here are some things to expect during the course of treatment:
- Appointments will be frequent. You wear the retainers for only two weeks at a time and, to make sure your teeth are moving properly, you’ll have to get them looked at about once every two months.
- There is bonding involved but the “buttons” used are the same color as your teeth and are usually not very large.
- Invisalign takes a while to work its magic. Treatment times vary widely depending on each individual person but it also relies heavily on how well you follow the instructions given to you by your Orthodontist. Some people get the teeth they want in as little as 12 months.
- The freedom to eat and drink what you want! While you’re only supposed to drink water while wearing the retainers, you can easily take them off in order to eat or drink anything else. Just make sure you brush your teeth before putting them back in!
If you have any questions about the Invisalign process then please don’t hesitate to contact us by clicking the link.